Sunday, April 6, 2008

It Could Be Spring

Happy Birthday dear Myrna .. . Happy birthday to you.

I'm feeling much better, thank you. In fact I spent much of the afternoon in the yard doing -- what else -- yard work. As I type I am feeling energized by the fact that I am getting over this cold virus, and that I do like my back yard and am amazed by nature. I am also sitting with a heat pack on my lower back, because I am a weekend warrior.

As I was crawling over bark mulch, bypass pruner in hand, pulling up what looked like a weed, now & then; I was struck by the sound of a flute or piccolo clearly passing over the yard. Someone was practicing outside. It sounded so pretty. Nothing recognizable mind you, except maybe a few times I thought I heard a few bars of "Amazing Grace." It was such a calming feeling, hearing the music, pulling those weeds.

Something that annoys me terribly is when someone in the neighborhood is working in their garage or washing their car, and they think the neighborhood wants to listen to their music. A lot of it not even music. Just a bunch of blue language. What gives? Isn't there a point in Maslow's theories, that everyone come to the point of self actualization? And upon reaching that point, realizes that there are other people in the world. I think there are way too many not reaching that point.

But this afternoon was not one of those. The air was great and the sound of the instrument with no discernible tune was perfect.

Hope your Sunday was good, too.

2 comments:

Myrnagj said...

I love it when I'm outside and hear someone practicing their music.

In my neighborhood there are some very happy birds that I hear when I have my balcony door open.

So glad you're feeling better.
You can read about my birthday on the Gatewood blog. Comment.

Sue said...

I love listening to the birds when I am outside. Not so much when I am trying to sleep in.
It was interesting to hear different types of birds singing when I was playing golf in Arizona.