Thursday, June 7, 2007

June Birthdays

Cassia's birthday was nice. We had dinner and a Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake. That's her favorite. She wanted a gas grill, so that's what we gave her. Since Bob is the homemaker here, he handles all the gift buying and birthday preparations now. He says I should not be multi tasking anymore, that we need to leave that to the younger people -- but you should see him in the kitchen sometimes. It isn't pretty. But we put together a dinner for the family and sang the happy birthday song. We did have to sing the song twice, though because we decided the first time through was pretty lame and we all needed to pep it up some.

Next week we will celebrate Adam's b-day. Exactly one week later. I chose that. Since it was going to be a scheduled birth, the docter gave me three days to pick from, and like I could really have cared in the shape I was in at the time, I said, let's get the b-days a week apart. It has been a wise choice. They never had to share their day --

3 comments:

Janell said...

I guess this is my cue to apologize for being born one day after your 4th birthday. And if Dad was still here, one day before his 43rd. I always thought it was SO COOL that we had birthdays three days in a row. I still brag about it every chance I get - especially since Joe was born on Dad's birthday. There seemed to be a big hole in Novemeber between 1969 and 1971, but after Joe came along, it gave cause to celelbrate instead of mourn.
J

LaDawn said...

mmmm, I love Diary Queen ice cream cakes! Chocolate mint flavour would be my favourite.

Shirley said...

You don't need to apologize -- I was always okay with it, too, and still tell people about the 3 birthdays.