Monday, June 4, 2007

The First of June

We are having a fine weekend. Tomorrow is our day to gather for Cassie's birthday. Alex was with his dad this weekend, so tomorrow works better.

Bob & I did pick Cass up for lunch and took her with us to a couple of Estate Sales. We have been into these estate sales or "tag sales" for months, now. I don't really even know what makes us keep going, we don't buy too much anymore. Wandering through the vastly different houses and looking through other people's stuff sometimes strikes me as being a really weird or morbid pasttime. I even told Bob, I don't want to do this anymore, just as he was parking in front of one. But then I found a copper tea kettle, that was a perfect addition to my collection of copper stuff, I started to perk up. I ended the "saleing day" with winning a bid on a cute recliner for my sewing room. So we probably won't give up this hobby anytime soon.

I did not go buy any plants this weekend -- not yet. I am so encouraged -- a guy in church stopped me this morning and said, when I am ready to leave my day job, I could become a landscaper. He said our yard is looking really good. My latest addition is an old kid's wagon planted with annuals. Just as cute as can be. And we have had good rain around here lately, so lucky.

2 comments:

Janell said...

Pictures! Tell Bob we want pictures!

LaDawn said...

I second Janell's sentiment. We need pics!