Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Back from Vacationing

Well -- I had a great week off and enjoyed all the family time we shared with the reunions and games and such. And had no problemn slipping right back into work. It was a nice quiet there with all the computers humming and machines buzzing. I put on my headphones and forwarded the mail. By the end of the week, the job was boring, and I was missing the fun of cruising around the next couple of counties looking for relatives.

This last weekend we did our usual Sunday routine of Church, estate sales, lunch, and some laundry. Alex was with us on Monday, and we lunched with the pastor and some friends at HyVee. We made a stop at Crossroads for a haircut for Bob, and then to the Westroads for a haircut for me. Alex and I waited for Bob in the Barnes and Noble book store. He found the books with the "sound keys" on the side and probably tried every one. If he couldn't get it to sound, he asked me to try. I'm sure glad they encourage book browsing there. While I got my haircut, Bob and Alex played miniature golf at the Westroads. When we left there, we decided to try the Whole Foods Market nearby and pick up our makings for dinner. That was fun, too as we tried all the samples in the store. We ended up with a roasted chicken with sweet corn for dinner. How creative we are, huh? I'm sure next time we will find something new to try.

There are not too many Mondays left before Alex will start school. I'm feeling a bit sad about that. He is such a joy. (funny I made a typo there and it read "such a job") Even though we had to say he will never see the inside of a Toys R Us with Grandpa or Lowes with Grandma again.

4 comments:

Sue said...

Kids grow up way too fast. I can't believe Abby will be starting high school this fall and
has taken driver's ed for her school permit.
Sue

Janell said...

Alex really is a sweetie. I hope Cassie can bring him out for a visit some Wed.

Myrnagj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Myrnagj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.