Thursday, July 5, 2007

The 4th of July

As planned we stayed home for most of the holiday. I trimmed bushes and watered and pruned. Bob was puttering around the house. We went out for lunch and then took an afternoon nap. We planned to go to Donna's and have some coffee and cake and watch the fireworks around the city from her balcony. As we were enjoying our visit, Adam called. He said he stepped on a log in the river and was kinda bleeding and should he go get a docter to look at it.

I talked to him for a while, Bob talked to him and to one of the parents who was there. When I talked to the parent, she said Adam seemed much better now, and that he probably passed out because of the blood. First I had heard of the passing out. I told her that he had done that before while having blood taken in the office, then I told Adam to come home, and we would go to emergency. So Bob watched the fireworks with Candy and Donna, and I went to the hospital with Adam.

They cleaned his foot and didn't find anything in it, so he got it bandaged and a prescription. His tetnus shot is up to date, so all should be ok. He stayed home today, and says it hurts when he walks. I hope it heals up for him. He is going on the mission trip to New Orleans this month.

Note to Sue -- Earl May gives you the coupon because they know I am right -- we should not be planting in July and they still have stock. But you go girl. Get some more -- I'll cheer for ya.

3 comments:

Sue said...

I might just go buy something to plant or I could buy a houseplant. I just can't pass up a bargain.
Sue

Janell said...

Hello? Shirl - are you still out there? It's time for some news!

Janell said...

It's now the first of August. Hello?