Friday, August 3, 2007

The 1st of August

Well I guess that last month flew by.

We celebrated Jon's birthday on the 7th with pizza at Sortino's. April likes to have the family gathered there. She can invite all of her family and still have room to move about. I ordered a set of golf instructional videos and we gave Jon them for his birthday along with a new waffle iron he had requested. As of last Sunday, the waffle iron is still in the box, and Jon reports that he used a new technique he had learned on the video. And on that day -- he added 50 yards to his drive. I don't play but that sure sounds pretty good to me.

And the big day -- the 21st for Alex's #5. Bob & I were instructed to take Alex to lunch while Cassie decorated our sunroom and then surprise him with a party upon our return. We had to stall at lunch for a while, and Alex was getting anxious to get back home, but we managed our part fine. As we drove up to the house, Alex saw all the cars then said, "what the? Hey I know who's car that is. Oh man.. all these people are here for my birthday." He was surprised but not fooled at all. He stood on the sidewalk and carefully sounded out the sign in the window reading "hap--py birth---day Alex. 5.

Cassie had invited some friends from work, and introduced us to her boy friend, Jeremy.

Bob has been fishing and I have been working. I am reading about digital cameras, as I am getting close to going that route now. Not that I will ever give up my beloved Pentax.

I read Mary's book. A good story -- it was very clever in taking a couple turns I didn't expect, and I liked the light hearted tone -- gives the reader the safe sense that you'll be happy with the ending.

This should be an interesting month -- Adam is going to move to an apartment.
And Cass is buying a house. It is an old house with potential -- I don't know if I'll be able to keep my hands off and my mouth shut. Bob says I have to though.
But I am such an expert!!!

Oh yes -- a note to all who waited for the Potter book. According to an inhouse news bulletin --- 1.7 million went through the mail. We even had a few that had to be forwarded. Handled with the utmost care of course.

3 comments:

Myrnagj said...

Great to get a new post from you.

Happy Birthday Jon and Alex.

That's a lot of Potter. I went to the movie.

Sue said...

I would like to add 50 yards to my drives. Haven't read any Potter books or seen any of the movies. Guess I should get with the hype.
A late Happy Birthday to Alex.
Sue

LaDawn said...

Glad to see you blogging!