Monday, May 28, 2007

A Good Weekend

I took advantage of the extra day off on my weekend -- which for me was Saturday -- and did a bit of work around the house. I did NOT buy any new plants this weekend. I am still working on the last bunch. We had a thundershower today that was perfect for a bit of water on all the new stuff.

Bob made some steaks for our dinner tonight and Cass, Alex, and Adam joined us. Then Bob & I went to a movie -- The Wild Hogs movie.

When I told Alex good-bye, I said it was nice they had joined us for a Memorial Day picnic meal. He told me Memorial Day is the day you remember the people who have died. I looked at Cass, and she gave me a look as if to say "didn't you know that?" But then she explained that Alex had asked her about all the flowers and people that he had seen at the cemetery as they drove by.

Yes, Memorial Day is a day for remembering. We don't do the remembering in our family the traditional way I guess. But we do remember.

2 comments:

Myrnagj said...

Did you like Wild Hogs?

Shirley said...

Not like everyone else. I did not laugh from one scene to the next. I am not particularly fond of stereotyping for humor. I did enjoy that group of actors, though. John Travolta can sure say alot with facial expressions.