Sunday, February 10, 2008

New Project

I have a new focus. I am going to clear out my stuff.

For those of you who have been to our house and know me, you understand that this is no ordinary statement. I am a collector of things.

Now I have decided it is time to lighten up on everything. I will sell it all and then go become a missionary. No that's not so. But this is a new direction for me. I am spending too much time getting things and looking at things, and storing things, and protecting THINGS. What a waste. And it's not too fun anymore.
So last week we rented space at the antique mall and now we are stocking it with our stuff. We will go check on it tomorrow to see if we sold anything this week, and take more stuff to it.

Now -- here's a potential problem -- will I come home with any new stuff from the mall? Maybe I can reward myself with a favorite cinnamon roll if I can come home empty handed. No wait -- that won't work -- I have to report my weight each week, too. I will have to hope for strength. Wish me luck.

8 comments:

Sue said...

Good Luck. Where did you take your stuff?
Sue

Myrnagj said...

I can tell you it takes a lot of effort and time to get rid of it too. Sounds like you have the right idea. You have some interesting collections. I may have to come just to check out the sales. However you must get back into double digit temps before I consider that. I checked the paper today.

Janell said...

Did you know "stuff" is a Biblical term? In the King James Version, you'll find it 13 times, including Gen. 31:37, Exodus 22:7, 36:7 and 1Samuel 25:13.

Well, I thought it was interesting.

Shirley said...

And what does the Bible it is.

My stuff is at the Brass Armidillo.

Sue said...

I've been to the Brass A. Lots of temptations there. A lot of junk, too.
Sue

Janell said...

Guessing the missing word in your sentence is "say"? It refers to 'stuff' as material things of value. I just brought it up because I thought it was interesting that nowadays, 'stuff' is practically slang.

cdroses said...

"stuff" is what is in your junk drawer...quote from forgotten direct sales motivational speaker.

At least your "stuff" is old enought to be of "antique" value. Mine is just junk! lol

LaDawn said...

Put a note in your purse reminding you of your goals....then when you go to buy some more stuff you might resist...including that naughty cinammon roll.