Sunday, February 17, 2008

Presidents Day Project

I know President's Day is usually comemorated by big retail sales and a three day shopping weekend. And I am participating a little. I bought paint and repainted a bedroom. I say repainted because I have painted this room way too many times this past year. I'm sure the neighbors behind us have seen me painting as I usually have to be doing this at night with the curtains down and the lights on. I suppose they are beginning to wonder if I paint this room instead of clean it. I'm beginning to wonder this myself. But the thing is -- I can't seem to get it right. I bring paint home, put it on, it is fine for a minute, then when the light changes -- ick. Well this time I chose a light gray. What could go wrong. I'll let ya know.

And Happy President's Day -- Do some shopping and some projects -- that's what this day is for. I think.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Not everyone has President's Day off. Some of us have to work.
What room are you painting?
Sue

Myrnagj said...

I didn't go shopping I went for a 10K walk in Ione, California.

Paulette has all next week off for President's day and I have to take her to the airport at 4:45AM tomorrow. She's going to Seattle to visit a friend.

Shirley said...

Am painting the room called Adam's first room which is now going to be strictly a guest room. And I think I got it this time. The paint looks good and it is bright and cheerful. We can have guests in a "Bed and Brunch" style. (You all know I am not an early riser.)

M - still not warming up here enough to talk about walking.