Friday, February 15, 2008

Observation of New Empty Nesting

I am getting by in this cold weather pretty good. Bob is giving me a ride to work and picking me up, so I don't have to go out in a cold dark parking lot and warm up my car each night. While I am working, he is out taking photos with my new camera. You've seen some of them. This is all fine. He even had flowers for Valentines Day, and tonight a takeout fish dinner from one of the churches nearby was ready for me when I got home.

But I have noticed a problem of sorts lately. Sometimes I will hear him saying something from another room in the house. I will call out, "what was that?" or something similar, and he will say, "I'm talking to Maggie. Or the cat." Now shouldn't he be using a pet voice when talking to the dog, and not the same voice he uses when talking to me? I think so. He has a father voice, and a grandpa voice, and a colleague voice, I can guess when he answers the phone to whom he may be talking to. How can his voice for me and the pets be the same?

3 comments:

LaDawn said...

Does he consider you one of the pets? This is incredibly funny....from a distance, of course. Not so funny if I were you.

Janell said...

I get the same thing from RC. Must be a guy thing.

Sue said...

Maybe he needs to get out more. Maggie & Milo may be the only ones he talks to besides you somedays. It is kind of funny though.
Sue