Sunday, November 11, 2007

Birthday Weekend

Hello -- I am having a birthday weekend because as luck would have it -- I was born right by a legal holiday. So I get a 3 day weekend for my birthday. Isn't that neat?

First -- remember all veterans please. I work with quite a few Vietnam vets and others, too, and have made a point of saying something to the ones I am around on this day each year. Saying "Happy Veterans Day" sounds pretty lame, so I don't do that. On Friday night as I was checking out, I told coworker, Jim, "have a good weekend, a nice Veteran's Day, and thank you for defending our country." He simply said "your welcome." That was humbling.

We had some cake this evening and Bob made us dinner. Then Adam and I went to see the Broadway show, Spamalot. It was all good.

Tomorrow for my birthday -- I am having my teeth cleaned, lunch with friends, and a committee meeting in the evening.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Shirley, happy birthday to you.
Mom used to call and sing to us, but I don't think you want me to sing.
Love, Sue

Myrnagj said...

Happy Birthday to you.

I'm so glad your birthday is a holiday.

LaDawn said...

Birthdays are private holidays. You are lucky the entire nation celebrates your birthday.