Tuesday, November 20, 2007

It Is November After All

When I got up this morning and saw the fog, that was my first thought. It is November and this looks more like it. The warm pretty fall days are going to be just a memory real soon. I hear the wind as I speak, no make that type. It is getting cold and the days are looking gloomy.

But we have much to be thankful for. Florida isn't underwater yet due to global warming. But that might be something to hope for with 2008 election close at hand. Am I clever or what?

Seriously folks, I am thankful for family, friends, our health, and new things everyday. Happy Thanksgiving.

According to my daily read of the Writer's Almanac, this week is the birthday of George Gallup who was born in Iowa and attended the University there. His first poll was for the college newspaper on who was the prettiest girl on campus. That was someone named Ophelia Smith and he later married her. Now you all learned something today, too.

1 comment:

Janell said...

Yes, it is November. That snowfall on Wednesday morning is probably just the first of many.