Saturday, August 18, 2007

Kodak Moments

There are a couple of moments in my head that I wish I had on film to share with everyone.

The first one is the instant that Jonathan and Cassie saw their brother, Adam, for the first time. It was in the hospital, and they were wearing those child size hospital gowns over their clothes and hopping all over the room acting very excited and goofy about the new surroundings, and I'm hoping glad to see me. When the nurse rolled in the baby cart, they froze and watched as she wheeled in Adam. She parked the cart right in front of both of them, and they stood there staring with amazed looks on their faces. Like they didn't expect him to be real at all. It was just awesome watching them.

The second photo I wish I had is when we were in the pet store looking for a cat. Adam was carrying the little kitty towards me saying he wanted that one. And Milo just hanging there looking as if this was just fine.

Well -- two weeks ago there was another moment. On Saturday after work, I headed to Cassie's new-old house. Cassie's family and friends were going to start work on her renovation project. I walked in and was greeted by my three grown children and one daughter-in-law. They were wearing old clothes, had bandanas covering their heads, gloves on their hands, and holding tools of some sort. Each was covered in a film of the 100-year-old dust that the house was coughing up as they knocked down paneling and plaster. And they were all smiling and looking as if they were having fun. This would be a great photo to have as the renovation continues and the problems arise. Just to remind them of the optimism that we all felt at the beginning.

4 comments:

Janell said...

You don't need Kodak when you can make such vivid word pictures!
Tell us more about Cassie's house, please?

Sue said...

There are so many times that I have seen the sunset over the golf course or over the airport on the way home from golf and I still never have my camera with me. All summer I watched the little geese and wished I had it with me. Just can't carry it everywhere.
Sue

Myrnagj said...

A photo op that I missed once: Paulette and I had toured the Tillamok cheese factory in Washington and we had big ice cream cones. Paulette was 17 or 18 when this happened. Her ice cream fell off the cone onto the parking lot. Her expression was of a four-year-old as she looked at the ice cream melting on the pavement.

Those moments pass so quickly, even with a camera in hand you can miss them.

Most recently is the blue heron flying across the pond near my home.

LaDawn said...

On my recent travels I took over 400 pictures and still missed some utterly priceless moments. Being able to write well about them works just fine for me!